Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Strange days indeed,......

So,, years ago I went to see Linda Ronstadt at SPAC,,,, - she had what at the time was the KINDA the "House" band,,, that if you check the then album covers they played on all the Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt records,,,   Russ Kunkle on Drums, Leeland Sklar on Bass, Waddy on Guitar, the now Late Danny Dugmore on Piano, and Pleasant Valley's own Brock Walsh on Precussion,,, and Piano / Organ, and guitar,,,   NOT the "HOT band"  like  EmmyLou calls her's but still a group of outstanding miusicians,,, anyway,,, she started the concert with That'll be the Day,,,... she walked out in a white strapless dress similar to the one she is wearing on the cover of Hasten down the Wind. woof,,, she is Beautiful! We had my friends seats , three rows back just right of Center Stage,,, . and she says "Whoa...where the "F" ! did you guys get all the Trees ??  


any way ,, the more memorable part of the Show was that she did one of the Best Encores ever,,,, Linda did two encores,, one with the band,,,  and the last was Acapella,,, and she sang "When I grow too old to Dream" - in that amazing voice,,, why am I reminded of this today,,, I was using my old I-Pod and that song happens to be on there,,, so Enjoy ,,, a version with the Band,,,  here are two versions,,,I like the Muppet one,,,





and don't think that because right now my personal and professional life seems to be backed into a corner,, that I either Like it, or agree with it ,,, but tolorate it till a new door opens, and I can walk (run) through it !

No comments: