Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday,,, we are collectively NUTS

Ok,, so the Paper says the 1st person lined up at the Local Best Buy at 8am On Thursday !!!  So they gave up the entire Holiday,,, to sit at the Mall,,,, and as I drove down rt 9 this morning at 3:45am ,, the Mall is Packed, and Kohls, is Packed,,, Just what exactly do we need that is this important. This in a world of War,,, and poverty, and kids going to sleep hungry, and Abandoned animals,,, WE - as a Society have got it all Ass Backwards,,, Now , I am not lecturing ,, I am as bad as the next person, although we have tried of the past 5 years to change up our Holiday traditions, and Give food to the local church, and Adopt a Family for Christmas, as opposed to buying each other more crap we don't need.... 

So ,,I guess, I am only asking you , as the general populous, to consider what it means to be a person in the World, be a better Man to your fellow Men,, Help make someone else's Miracle Happen,,,

Turkey trot was  really good,,, I ran a 2:29:11,, I expected 10 min per mile, that's 9:40 or so per mile,, hey ,,it's just a jog pace, but it is exactly whatI need to do for the Disney Marathon. It was warm day,, at least for fat guys like me,,, so I was in a tank top, and shorts , with my new Fancy Fuel Belt,, and trusty I-pod. I ran the entire race,,, no walking up the hills,,,, but that Big one at Mile 12 on Traver road is stilla killer !! Check back for Photos,,, as I did notice a Photog.. at mile 8 there in P.V..  Taking pictures,,,

So , on with the Day,,

No comments: