Monday, October 19, 2009

Billy Goat'n at Baird Park ... .

Perfect weather for the Billy Goat 5k,,,, RAIN , and 40 degrees !! So,, you are cold waiting for the start , but Fat guys like me get warmed up before we get to the top of the 1st big hill at the 1/2 mile mark,,,,



near 100 runners,, not a big a turnout as usual,,, clearly the weather played into that.,... The usual good race preparation by Wayne and his race volunteers,,, course well laid out,, leaves blown off the trail,,, and course well marked,, Nice Long sleeve shirts again,,, and hot cider, and bagels at the end,,, nice touch with the Hot Cider,,,

I finished as I expected 9 minute miles,,, in 27:58 overall,,, 53rd of 98 runners,,,hope this carrys over  to  the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon next weekend,,,,that course is much harder,,, 13.1 miles,,, more hills, and they throw in streams, and huge puddles to run through,,, and I will post that race report NEXT Monday,,,

here are a Few Pix of me on the Course,,, I passed the GUY in the Yellow jacket on the next hill,,, but never caught the Women in the Yellow shirt,,, she finished 5 seconds ahead of me,,,


No comments: