Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vacation to work and back

so,,, the Yearly vacation is over,,, ugh,,,, back to work I am.........

I can only hope that at the end of the day - so to speak - I get time to "retire". A week or two a year just does not seem like long enough to enjoy the world around,,, and there are simply so many places yet to see,,, this immediate discussion of "where are we going next year" starts before we even finish this years vacation,,,, Caribbean Cruises, Maine Coast - Acadia National park, New Hampshire White Mountains, Maine's interior,,, Vermont B&B time,,, a Week or 2 a year at WDW..... Outer Banks in NC.... ok , so where to next,,,, If I ever get to retire,,, will I have the Doe-REY-Me to go anywhere ?? or be stuck in Yaardsville USA. a STAY-cation per the new vocabulary....... and now with the kids grown,,,we can go at the off season to all these places, and that is even better !! Not that I don;t love the kids, and I especially enjoy them at Disney , now that they are older,,,, even thought they poo-pooh it,,, I know they love it there ..... you cna sorta tell by the smiles... so when I get into a discussion about th e cost of the Vacation Club,,, I pull out the pictures,, and wonder what monetary price toy are seeing on this ...............

There are so many places , and places to go see,,, I especially like wandering new towns, and running thru new places,,,, going to Breakfast at a local spot,, talking to the FOLKS there about what's happening,,, where to go and what to see,,,,, We have usually been treated well,, wiyth folks tellin us about local spots to see, and explore, and triggering a local flavor into the vacation,,, Maine has been best for this,,, Friendly folks,,, the Guy at the Trading post sorta store that sold everything, I mean everything from post cards to guns to shoes , clothes, hunting supplies, fishing supplies,,, all under the one roof,,,, Told us that if we needed any info on Local spots to come back and ask him,,, and don't bother with the Visitors center that he would be more than glad to point us in a direction, with good advice on Eats, and sights to see !!!

next year be??? I am hearing "OUT WEST" - Yosemite,,,, Glacier, Grand Ok,, so I can only hope to have the chance to revisit the good spots. and where WillTeton,.,,, I just finished watching Ken Burns "National Parks" America's BEST Idea,,, what a great series,, and how many places I have yet to see,,,, I just don't think that even my BIG Ole TV,,, can show them as they are seen in person,,, Pictures just can't grab it - you have to go see it !! YOU CAN"T STAY HERE !!




I know I posted this a while ago,,,,,, Just seems like time again,,,

It's the Brilliant Ending to Six Feet under...

No comments: