Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Late in the Day.,...... and 1st day of Lent

Today,,, is the 1st day of Lent ,,, or so I have been told,,,, I - an ex-practicing Catholic should know that ,,, but did not.... and Lent lasts till ??? OK,, you figure it out,,,,,

I have been asked what I am giving up for Lent,,,, So, Here are the TOP TEN things that I am givin up for Lent - all apologies to Letterman,,,,


TOP TEN things that I am "Giving up " for Lent................
10) Working more than 10 hour Days
9) Everyday looking at my decreasing 401 k plan - thus makin me miserable !
8) Givin a crap what others think of what the heck I am doin
7) Three words - Performance Enhancing Drugs ! wait - Just kidding!!
6) This Pain in my Hamstring !
5 ) Missing days at the Gym.
4) Worrying about the Starting rotation.
3) Ever Feeling like I am 18 again.
2 ) Rushing to work , Cause "they just can't Live with out me" !
and the Number one thing that I am giving up for Lent is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1) Missing Episodes of "HOUSE" !!

Ok,, now on to the real business of today,,,, I was watching The Montery Pop festival on the TV over the Weekend,,, ,,,

In 1967 ,, there was a Music festival at Monterey California,,, the Line up across the 3 day even was amazing,, Simon & Garfunkel, Lou Rawls, Canned Heat, Country Joe, Steve Miller, the Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Otis Redding, Ravi Shanker, Big Brother & the Holding Co, Buffalo Springfield, The WHO, Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Mams's and the Papa's. WOW,,,,
I will take a bit of a short cut here, and paste in the Wikipedia link for you to explore,,,, and leave you with 2 videos from Montery ,,,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Pop_Festival

Janis - with the Holding company,,,, Ball and chain,,,,


S & G - Homeward Bound,,,,, intro by John Phillips of the Mama's & Papa's

No comments: