Monday, February 9, 2009

Congratulations Pete !!

Mostly I think the Grammy's suck,,, they no more represent what I consider good music that the freakin Academy awards demonstrate what my Favorite movies are,,, however, they are at least closer... I think the Movies they pick are not just from popularity contest... and what was that ? Stevie Wonder with the Jonas brothers ! Jesus Christ !! Enough already, Who the %&#$% are the Jonas Brothers.??,,



Ok,, so give me a minute while I step down off this Soap Box !!



This years Grammy for Best Traditional Folk Album ... PETE Seeger's "AT 89" - Of Course Pete did not attend. The report was that an Unknown man picked up the Grammy,, that was awarded the day before the SHOW,, and read a statement from Pete,,, "Keep singing songs of hope and social justice. Music can change the world and non-violence can change the world." nuff said,,, huh?



and ,., like they give a grap,,, I thought Coldplay deserved song of the year for Viva La Vida - "Live the Life",, or "the Life Lives on" if you'd like the translation. Some folks think the lyrics are about Jesus Christ....... hummmm -



I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

Once you know there was never, never an honest word

That was when I ruled the world




No comments: