Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Quick hitter Tuesday

Gonna be a HOT and Busy Day here iin the North East !!!



so as Groucho says,,,, No time to say Hello Goodbye,, I'm late ,, I'm Late, I'm Late ,,,,,,,,



believe it or Not ,, I did not watch House last night,,,, don't worry,,, I have it Tivo'd ,,,, I got caught up with a show about the WHO called Amazing Journey,,,, I have always been a WHO fan,,, from very early in my life,,, one of the two albums that we played over and over was Live at Leeds,,, (and Git yer YaYa's out) Thanks to Mike C. and a Teacher named Mr Hillyard (sp?) Hillyard passed away midyear of my 8 th grade but not before introducing us to TOMMY ,,,,




A few things I never knew was that all of the Songs ,, music and lyrics were written by Townsnd... and he would play and record all the instruments when he "presented " the song to the band,,,, and when they recorded,, they ALWAYS played the song together,,, not each person playing their parts separately,,,, there may have been some remixing later,,, but the 4 guys always recorded it together,,,,


Here is a lesser know WHO song,,, and an old fav,,,,

ITs REAL GOOD LOOKIN BOY - Pete wrote this with ELVIS in mind

you can Fast forward to 4 minutes, and 6:45 for the Song,,,,



and still more,,,


THIS IS NOT Teenage Waste Land= and yes,, that's Keith Moon

No comments: