Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Early morning

 While I am not sure where I first heard these songs....

I know that I Still miss someone was written by John Cash and his nephew,,,, and was included on albums

like Folsom prison live, and a Duet with Bob Dylan..  you can find it on the Highwaymen with John, willie, Waylon, and Kris,,, and a duet with Emmylou harris and Elvis Costello...  Plus about 1000 other covers,,,,  Roseann Cash did this version after he Father passed away...



Outlaws Reward is a song written by Hank  Jr. and this version was performed by

Hank, Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart during a tribute to Waylon Jennings..



Ok - one more sad song Merle Haggard's "Holding Things Together" ... 

and watch Dwight Yokum's reaction to the Lyrics,,,

Today was Angie's birthday
I guess it slipped your mind
I tried twice to call you
But no answer either time
But the postman brought a present
I mailed some days ago
I just signed it love from mama
So Angie wouldn't know








No comments: