Sunday, December 20, 2020

What I am thinking - that no one will ever Know.... maybe

 I am so proud of my children. 

That each has and are still in the process of getting advanced educational degrees in their chosen fields. I kinda barely made it out of High-school,,, managed to get some College credits later in life, but no degree beyond that HS diploma.

That each has chosen a good partner, I hope that their relationships last. 

It's too easy these days to walk away and leave a family with no mom or dad and that sucks,,, that they have been together for even this long says something positive. 

That in these times of World wide pandemic, Political uncertainty,, come on there are reported discussions of a POTUS pulling out all possibilities - including Martial Law to stay in power ,,, that they all have now or are in the Midst of starting families.  By Spring I will have 6 Grandchildren!   Raising Children in any Climate is VERY DIFFICULT  ! But this has to be just insane - Remote Learning, No social programs, hell no nothing for most of 2020, and what I think will be most of 2021...... Moms and Dads that are spose to keep a house hold together, Teach the Kids, Make meals, Hold down a Job ! are you serious !  What Stress , What craziness !!

That all my kids have invested in Homes. They see the Value in owning a piece of property. That is is long term commitment, a Mortgage,, a Home improvement loan. A place that you OWN. 

All have  moved to other areas of the country , One closer , others to farther locations,,, but as hard as that is for me/us - as a parent you have to let them go,,,  they have to live their lives, not your Idea of their life - and if that means relocation - to improve  their families quality of life, then that is what you as  a parent need to support .  That is in contrast to me who  now lives less than a mile from where I grew up. It does give me  a possibility in my mind that I could do the same - and relocate elsewhere to improve my (retired) life.


I'm not sure what kind music fits this subject,,, I have even worried about that before >???? What Video fits the BLOG subject - I think not !!!

Here is Morning Song - by the Avett Brothers



and Johnny Cash and Sunday Morning coming down.

this is from John's TV show..... and the Network agreed to have him sing this - Kris Kristofferson-  song if he did not use the Lyric "Stoned" when he sang it,,, but the story is that Kris was in the audience for the TV show, and Johnny said afterwards he could not change the Lyric and  the meaning of the song , especially knowing that Kris was there !! Cash was so big in those days the Network could really do nothing about it......






 


No comments: