Friday, September 8, 2017

Absent without a pass

Ok,, where the hell have you been,... you missed a lot - that'll teach you to stay away so long....

1st and foremost....    my daughter is engaged !!  ....  to maybe the best guy we could have even hoped for for her.   From my point of view he is a stabilizing force in her life.    You have to kinda wonder how a vegetarian , RD... ends up with a guy who eats Hamburgers and Drives half an hour for Ice cream , almost on a daily basis...........   I think they will be happy together for many years,,, you just get that feeling,,,

2nd - My Daugher-In-Law is pregnant with our 3rd Grandson !!!   I personally am just as excited about this one as the other two,,, can';t wait till january to see him.

What did I tell you - you missed a lot,,,

Let me not miss out on a tRump moment - only Dick heard that shows up in Houston - devastated by torrential rains like Noah did not  see and his comments are about - the Victims  ??  come on - no fucking way -  they are about himself and how big the crowd was that showed up to see him.  No surprise here,,,,

He has sided with neo nazi's , white supremests  and other hate groups,,,,  this all I found especially offensive as my father, and several uncles - and maybe your fathers - Fought actual Nazi;s from taking over the world ,, unless we have forgotten that. Any way - Dick head again...

Retirement is going along well,, I DO NOT miss my old job ! I really enjoy working at the Marina,,  there is a little of everything,,   I get to be a carpenter, electrician, dock repairer, boat rescuer, community relations , learning a little of the computer entry for the revenue of the golf course, camp ground and of course marina, we are preparing some of the Ice eaters for installation in November, i think the guys are realizing that they can count on me for coverage if they need a day or hours off - I can work almost any time ...  the bonus of seeing Eagles, Osprey, King Fishers, Beavers, ducks, Turtles, etc  - I attached a few pictures from yesterday below - on a daily basis and I work on the most beautiful river in the world is all part of it.   I am wondering what will happen in the winter - I am "seasonal" help after all and should be out of work Mid november,,, but that is still not decided,,, If so - I am thinking Williams lumber, or Home Depot, or Davies hardware as possibilities - so stay tuned we will just see .....

There seems to be this weird sleep cycle going,, that every 2 or 3 days - like today - I wake up at 1 30 - 2am, and cannot go back to sleep.  Then the other days I am so exhausted - that I fall asleep at 8pm , and wake up at 7am,,,,   not sure what's driving that. So we have 3 building Projects going on ,,,, we redecked and repaired a Deck in Poughkeepsie,  noce 5/4 Pressure Treated , along with new 4x4 posts , stairs, and some new rails,,, we are waiting for the Pressure treated wood to dry out a bit before we go back and Stain....  I am building toy boxes for the Grandson's toys,,,  two bins are 22 x 36 x 20 and two will be 22 x 20 x 20  - these have casters that the boys can push around the room and pick up their toys,  and all those will get tucked under a shelf that will eventually have a cushion on it,,, and will be broken up by some fixed storage in the center,,, all stained the same Grey as the Barn door and Dutch door I build , and trimmed in White.... nice,, and we will be building a ground up deck in Hyde park,,, 16 x 9 on an existing slab,,, that will include embedded stains and Built in Seating - I am hoping that that project leads to some additional work in that neighborhood..

As much as the Yankees keep losing late inning games , they look like they will win the Wild card and get the one game playoff ,,, against the Twins or Angels,,,,  I don't think they can beat either of those teams , especially the Angels. The good news is that the Bosox will get the Indians who look to be on a  mission to get back to the World Series,,,,

I leave you with Gregg Allman's final CD -  Southern Blood,  released this week - 4 months after his death,,,,   and this song My Only True Friend,,,  You remember that Gregg was diagnosed with Cancer 5 years ago  - this time Liver Cancer (he had been treated for other Cancers and heart issues)  - given 8 - 18 months to live  (he started Kemo , but stopped when it made him too weak to perform)...  and lived out his last 5 YEARS - guess the Dr's got that wrong,  performing with the Allman Brothers and on his own,,, and left us with this last terrific piece of music,,, kudo's to Don Was for Production.....




















No comments: