Friday, August 18, 2017

We can only hope,,,

While the likes of  Mike Pence as the POTUS does not thrill me,,,  he has many Ideas and political beliefs that I totally do not agree with,,,   I do not think him Insane or Morally unhinged as I do tRump.

I have read 2 stories in the past week ,, that tRump is developing an Exit Strategy... that it will lay the blame for the lack of any accomplishments on the Democrats,  but also on the GOP leadership. and that for the good of the Country and the with himself taking none of the responsibility (exactly like he never has) he will resign the Presidency and let Mike P continue to be the GOP standard bearer.  If this is even close to true,, I hope he does it sooner than Later.

This last outburst blaming people that are standing up to Nazi's , white supremacy groups ,  the Aryan nation etc is to me - Just so far over the edge that it seems indefensible,, yet I hear people that agree with this out look...  And I can't believe that in this day we are  still fighting the same old wars..... that a person of some or other skin color is less of an American and in many of their eyes less of a person  because of it...  I don't know where we these people ,, but there seems to be no lack of them....

I firmly believe what MLK said years ago "

“It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation. Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say nothing"


I always like the Song verse from "Livin on the Edge"


There's somethin' wrong with the world today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes
We're seein' things in a different way
And God knows it ain't his
It sure ain't no surprise
There's somethin' wrong with the world today
The light bulb's gettin dim
There's meltdown in the sky
If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I





No comments: