Monday, August 7, 2017

ALL righty now !!!

Listen,,,,listen ,,,I had quite the Week,, and weekend,,,,

1st - my Daughter got Engaged to be married......   not that I spent a lot of time thinking or worrying about this or her cause she is a tough as they come,, no one is getting over on my daughter, ,, but lets say that  I thought my daughter  to be a seriously intense type person,,, taking after you know who (me) and that we can be difficult at times to live with. however,, she met this absolutely wonderful man  that seems to understand  her, love her, and be able to deal with her.
They bought a house a while back, and really have developed a life together, and as a father of a daughter I could not be happier with all these developments... no other way to say it -  I (and my wife) Just love it !

2nd is something that has not been officially announced and IF you are reading this and happen to know anyone in my family (how could you - that would be a one in how many million shot) - ummmmm  ok I can't take even the slight chance that you might tell, so you will have to wait for this one. Just know that I am equally excited about this as I am the 1st announcement !!   but for right now ,, mums the word as they say..

Hey- Saturday night we traveled to the booming metropolis of Port Chester NY.....   for a concert at the Capitol theater.  Amos Lee - now I have been a fan for a few years since,,a CD called Mission Bell in 2011 and a song called Windows are Rolled down....  and he is now touring in support of  a CD - SPIRIT ....  I was not prepared for how good he would be in concert,,,  I had seen him - Live at Daryll's house,, and a PBS special,, . In a word I was blown away ! The music is the thing in concerts, and he had a great band with him - outstanding musicians. I am NOT one of those concert goers that has to hear every song I like off every album,,, or the night is ruined,,, however,,, I was hoping for several of Windows are Rolled down, Violin, Jesus, Spirit, Keep it loose keep it tight, Ticksters, Hucksters, and Scamps, Black river,  Chill in the Air,,, and the only one he did not play was the Chill in the air.   IF you ever want to listen to some really excellent music,,, punch up some of these on Itunes, YouTube or Spotify,,,  the show started with  One Lonely light, went into Jesus, Tricksters, Hucksters & Scamps, Keep it loose - Keep it tight, Spirit/Down by the Riverside. He played an acoustic set of Southern Girl (an audience request) , Violin.. and Arms of a Woman.... the band returned to an Irish stomp lead by one of the Creegan brothers who plays everything from pedal steel to a sax ,,, Played Supply and Demand, Baby I want you, Sara Smile (cover)/Pony , Cup of Sorrow, Change is gonna come, ,,, Closed the Set with Sweet Pea... Played 3 encore songs,,, the Band played what they said was a Happy Birthday to Gerry Garcia -with "Franklin's Tower"  then Amos played Black River which led into What's Going on..with the members of the Warm up band (Bailen) on background vocals. and he Closed with Windows are Rolled Down - that the audience sang right along with Amos...   Maybe the best show we have seen in years or EVER !!


Ok,, Yanks are 3 games out of 1st place with 52 games to play,,,,, SO I expect them to either win the AL East outright or at worse the 1st Wild card spot,,, but need as EVERY team does - more consistent pitching and better situational hitting,,,

What Else ??? You tell me,,,  I'll leave you with Windows are Rolled  Down,,,
Is it what you dreamed it'd be 
Are you locked up in this fantasy 
Oh this miles that have 
torn us apart 
My new found faith 
and my broken heart 

Windows are rolled down 
Sun is rising high 
Windows are rolled down 
Feel that wind rushing by hey-ay-ay-a... 















No comments: