Sunday, September 17, 2017

Where the Wild things are

I now apply a 6mg patch of NEUPRO to an area on my right shoulder every days,, I don't use the left as thats is where my absolutely great  (my opinion) Tree Tattoo is....  no matter.... this patch is prescribed to most people to limit the affects of Parkinson's - at lest that is when my Neuor  MD tells me - as it is just occurring to me that I have never googled it to see what it actually treats. In me it think it is to treat the  Terminal Case of DUMB Ass that I tend to exhibit on a daily basis....   one of the Side effects it has on me is Wildly explicit dreams - I have been locked in a  Rock Jail and tried to climb out when the walls were falling apart until someone showed me a secret passage that led to me coming out thru the old Thesis Bar in New Paltz... I have ridden my bike thru an post apocalyptic world that although the world was completely  destroyed,, the Rail trail was unharmed....  and OK,, last may have been the oddest ....

I am fussing with my Ipod on the couch - don't remember what app I was looking at,,, but my wife (just a voice really) says "hey they are Back".    I  get up and go thru the Front Screen door,, (not my house) out onto a big porch and start down the 3 stairs to the yard... in the Distance - like from home plate to center field there is an old woman in a skirt , blouse , and Straw hat a Man dressed like a farmer - Jeans and red plaid shirt and ballcap,,,, and Three HUGE - say human size Squirrels ...... yep Squirrels  and these animals are dropping work gloves all over the yard,,, those Blue and gray tough work gloves,,, not new ones ,, used ones,,,   I start to pick them up and try to carry them out to them,,, and I am shouting that they need to get back and clean the yard up and not come back again and drop these gloves !!     That's  when I woke up..   Maybe I will Goggle this later to see what the Dream experts  (HOW the F we even have dream experts in not explainable ) But I will let you know what I find out..

HEY - I did the Pleasant Valley Day Bike ride yesterday morning - 25 miles - starting from the ACME store parking lot - North thru some back roads and then Quaker lane up  up thru Clinton Corners to the Schultzville store - back down Center road to Salt point Turnpike and back into Pleasant valley....   now I have ridden the NYC bike tour that gets ten thousand riders,,, the Orange County ride with the Camels that have 300- 400 riders on 4 different mileage, and oven the ulster Co bike tour that garnishes say 200 riders,,,,   The PV day bike ride has 2 rides - the 25 miler and a Family Friendly 10 mile loop....   you have to make a donation of $20 to get a t shirt which is ok with me,,,,    so I show up at 8:30 for the 9am kick off,,,, and while not many riders in the parking lot at that time. they offered Bananas and bottled water at the start ,, I am thinkin more will show up,, and they did...   guess how many went on the 25 mile route,,,,  I counted 9 - NINE,,, not 90  .... NINE....  one more than 8 ,,,, 2 more than 7 ,,,,, you get it,..  No idea how many they had on the 10 miler....   the course was fair,,, a few big hills out in clinton Corners,,,  and the turns were well marked with Orange paint - well except for the last 2 turns that I guess were obvious that they were right hand turns,,,,    now to why I think there were 9 riders on a lions club, and PV bike shop sponsored event.   Nothing on the course,,, no Mileage markers, No water, no bananas, no bagels, no nothing...  and If there was anything at the end , I missed it completely - even after being directed to the small carnival behind the town hall... where they were setting up for the days activities,,...   I saw no one - no Lions - no women that were at the Table in the Parking lot - nothing...      Here is what I do know,,, I have enough shirts , and I can ride 25 miles on the rail trail any day I want,,,,  bet you can guess how many riders will be at next years PV day 25 mile Bike tour,,,,   EIGHT !!

We won front row seats to the Willie Nelson show at the Mid Hudson Civic center- and even though the Civic center is on my "Permanently banned for life list"  - I made a one time exception fro the Front row seats !!   he was really good,,, played an hour and half ,,  - doin all the Willie favorites - the man is 84 remember -    he wa joined by Garth Hudson of the Band for the encore of Will the Circle be unbroken,,,,  

Here is one he did that night,,,  




No comments: