Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A tale of TWO half days.....

I guess I am not sure what the blogging is all about,, really,, I seeothers with far more meanining than this mess, and a single subject,,,, plerhaps this just allows me to dum the crap in my head somewhere,,,  It'
s like a good friend to listen to what you have to say without comment or critiqure.... 

Tuesday,,,, Dentist Appt at 11AM,,, and I have not been in two years ! So this is goona hurt!!   and the threat of a snow storm Wednesday... great ,., just great !

Monday - great 1st half,,,, 4 degrees at 5am... so . off to the GYM.... 2 hr workout on this fat body,,,, and then - wait - Breakfast at home !!  I know WTF ?!?!?!  but you will see why....

My mission was a trip to Ashokan and an attempt to see  few eagles..... With Garmon on the DASH... off I go... This damn this takes the shortest route,,,even of that means every back road, and near dirt road thru Hurley, and Olie to get there,... Ok,, I know I could have gone on rt 28A - but what fun is that !!   Arriving at the far end of Monument Road ,,, that is CLosed to Vehicle traffic since 9/11... hey if "they" take out Reservoir road,,, you can drive from on side of the REs to the other,,,, if they take out Monumnet road,,, not only will you ahve quite the FLOOD downstream,,, you could effectively EMPTY the Reservoir !!!  So ,, its closed,,, Only FEET and Bikes allowed,,, so off I go,,, across the road to toward the Eagles ,,, I see a Red Taill, and a few Deer,,, and  two guys workin on installation of  concrete like telephone poles,... Its really bright, and clear air,,, listen ,, if you are worried about concrete talkin over the world.. go for a walk up there,,,, lots of Mountains, and woods,...  Down around the corner,,, I know where the Nest is,,, but no Birds.... I stop and talk tot the Real photo guys near the Other end of the Road , near the aireator pool... they infirm me that the Eagles flew dow to the other end of the Reservoir ,, and wer Fishing at the Open water down there,, they were hangin out waiting for them to maybe bring a catch back to the nest,..... but that the routine lately has been to stay down there most of the day.... ahh welll, I hang for an hour,,, and head back to the Car,.....   hummmm Where to have Lunch.... PERFECT... Turkey Chili,, and a roll in the window Of Bread Alone in Woodstock !!   A bag of Inscense from Not Fade Away,,, a New shirt from the Thrift shop,,, and a quick Stop to Talk Tattoo's ... and I head home,,, picking up cat Food,,,  Now things are goin down hill.....  

I get my Estimater back from the MONEY SMART folks on my Retirement calculations,,, oh man,,,  So without draggin you thru the ugly details,,, I either need to work till I am 68 or lie on a whole lot less than I planned to....  What Is hard to swallow is that After 30 years of service a company would expect that an employee could live on  about 18% of their present salary in retirement,,,, and today with the thinkin being 75-80 % of your income in retirement,, that most people could somehow the hell or other save the other 60 % on their own,,,,,


Here are a few pictures from the Ashokan Reservoir....

No comments: