Thursday, January 22, 2009

& Jorma & Jack, & Jeffereson Airplane, & HOT TUNA !!

Ok, so I am showing my age a bit,,,

Jorma Kaukonen was part of Jefferson Airplane,, before they became the Starship,,,,

The Airplane was Jorma , Jack Cassidy (joined the Band after the 1st Album), Marty Balin, Paul Kantner Signe Anderson, Skip Spence, Spencer Dryden (also drummed with the New Riders of the Purple sage) & Grace Slick ( also joined the Band after the 1st Album) ,,,,

Many of the members were with , and played with other bands,,, After the Starship Kantner Balin, Cassidy formed KBC and were very good together,,, They played the Chance here in Pok and that was an outstanding show,,,

I have seen Hot Tuna several times, and they are always very good,,,, Jorma can still play like no one else,,,, check him out at the Bardavon in early Februrary or a spot near your town,,,,, you will not be disappointed,,,,

Anyway,,, there is no lack of Music from this band,,, from Grace Slick and the Great Society,,, to Hot Tuna,,, and KBC,,, and on and on,,,,, They are all members of Rock and Roll HOF ,,, inducted in 1996,,,,


I will digress for a moment,,, when I listen to these type of Bands , & I think that their music has lasted for over 40 years,,, and you can think of other musicians of that era who's Songs, and music endured for 3 or 4 decades,,, SO , who today is going to be today's Clapton, Kaukonen, Townsend, Waters, Gilmore, Zappa, etc...the list goes on, and on, and on,,,,, What Music will be downloaded to my Grandchildren's Ipods, or what ever device that will be. John Mayer,,, ... Maybe,,,,, Dave Matthews Band - certainly,,,U2 ?? of course . Others?? I'd like to hear who you all think is going to pass the test of Musical time, and bridge the
generations ??? For Now,.... Let's enjoy some OLDIES,,,, at least they are oldies where I come from.... and I bet that 50 years from now ,, Jorma's guitar work on E. J. will be listened to by me, My children, and their children.................

. Embryonic Journey


White Rabbit..... and one of the WORST lip sync jobs EVER !!

No comments: