Monday, November 17, 2008

Bailout of GM ,

Those who do not Learn from history are Doomed ,,, well doomed to repeat it !!

The Proposed Bailout of GM is not w/o precedence,,, back in the day,,,, Lee Iaccoca persuaded Congress to Bailout Chrysler,,,, Tom Paxton wrote a very pointed song about it called "I am Changing my Name to Chrysler" - Arlo Guthrie covered that on the Precious Friends LP with Pete Seeger,,, and Arlo - as he is known to do,,, updated that tune to be "I am changing MY name to Fannie Mae " !! I have included Both the Chrysler, and Fannie Mae versions below.,...you enjoy ,,,, and - ain't you kinda glad that I'm in debt to you" ??







And,,,,if you wish to review what the Chrysler bailout looked like ,,, check the link,....

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/economy/a/chryslerBailout.htm

No comments: