Saturday, November 13, 2010

WHY Wait ??

Look ,,, I understand the holiday spirit,,,, the religious attachment, and the Financial impact of the Holiday.,... but really it's November 14th,,, and a Local Radio station is playing nothing but Christmas music !! and I understand tht they have been since After Halloween ! Really? is that necessary...

The Holiday has taken a life of it's own,,, The Depot by me has had their Christmas stuff out since Mid October,,, I mean what's next ,,,, July 4th .??? hey it would be nice to put the lights on the house when its warm !! I do see several homes with decorations up,, and the TV commercials have already started,,, plus an article in last weeks NY Times said that retailers were dropping prices to the BLACK FRIDAY level now,,, in order to generate business early ! and here I thought that we were in a depression.....

I ,, in no way think there is an answer for all this,,,, but perhaps we can catch our collective breath a minute, and A) Remember what the Holiday was to be about,,, and B) even if you are NOT the religious sort (I am raising my hand) you can at least be charitable at this time of the year,,,

The Idea that we need Months to celebrate ONE day,,, and that it CLEARLY - I don't care what ya say - has completely turned into a RETAIL celebration - should at some level be embarrassing to us. That we are led down this path every year by Retail America - and fooled into thinkin that we show our "LOVE" and feeling for others by BUYING them stuff,,, thats a bunch of BULL,,,, Ok,, ready name 3 things that you recived last year, and who you got them from,,,,, quick ! -ahhhhhhhhh - times up,,,, see unless someone gave you a CAR ,,, or a USED Sneaker,,, bet ya did not remember,,,

Let the kids have the Holiday,,,,

Give to others,,, especially the ONES that really need it ,,,

Celebrate with your Friends & Families.

Play Holiday Music in the week Before the Holiday,

Don't get caught in the Retail vortex.

No comments: