Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Not now - NOPE

 SO - Now the Republicans want everyone to tone down the rhetoric in the Political debate ??

"when the looting starts the shooting starts" -  "These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won't let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. 

"LIBERATE MICHIGAN!; LIBERATE MINNESOTA!; LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!"

Trump at one point asked in a private meeting with close aides whether the U.S. could shoot migrants below the waist to slow them down.

After bombs are sent to his political rivals - he blames the victims , "A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!"

Encouraged Police to be violent "When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don't be too nice,'

at a Rally where a man is being beaten .."Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!"

More issues at Rallies followed .."If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," the future president said on Feb. 1, 2016.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

A similar situation unfolded at a rally that month in Warren, Michigan.

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

The shoot someone on Fifthe ave comment "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally in Iowa.

It started young... "Even in elementary school, I was a very assertive, aggressive kid," Trump wrote. "In the second grade I actually gave a teacher a black eye -

In a recent interview  Moscow Mike Johnson said  “When the message goes out constantly that the election of Donald Trump would be a threat to democracy and that the republic would end, I mean it heats up the environment,” the Louisiana Republican said on NBC. “We cannot do that. It’s simply not true. Everyone needs to turn the rhetoric down.” ,,,,,,,,,,,, hummmm Guess Mike forgot about HISTORY...   

 December 2023 - Trump said,,, “He’s been weaponizing government against his political opponents like a Third World political tyrant,” Trump said to a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. “Biden and his radical left allies like to pose as standing up as allies of democracy,” Trump continued, arguing: “Joe Biden is not the defender of American democracy, Joe Biden is the destroyer of American democracy.”

BUT yea - NOW we need to turn down the rhetoric .... 







No comments: