Sunday, March 7, 2021

Holy $shit ! Bet you did not see that coming !?!?

 From the  HBO series  - DEADWOOD - a Quote from  AL Swearengen  (played by Ian McShane)

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God Laugh"


- Let's start with - that I have a new Grandson = #5  !! RONAN .. born on the 22nd,,, Everyone doing well...

Ronan - a very Irish name for a boy that at best is 20% or so Irish ,,,, a great name - none the less...

they came home on the 25th of February -  the plan was for me to fly to Vegas to be there for the birth of our 1st granddaughter. I rented a car and was driving to Atlanta airport - about 45 minutes from the airport,   I got a call that my wife was being taken via ambulance to the hospital - with severe abdominal pain .   Obviously she was fine when I left and hour  and 1/2 earlier...  I do an about face and head back to SC.   They don't let you in to the ER - Covid Restrictions - so I wait outside for 2 hours - until I can finally speak to an ER nurse .... she is being admitted.  Fast forward a bit to a Diagnosis of Acute pancreatitis..  5 days. Morphine and Oxycodone and an IV diet with Ice chips... for days - to let the Pancreas rest and treat the Severe pain - a bit of hallucination, but she improves to the point of Coming back to my daughters... they give her 2 Prescriptions upon discharge - we pick them up at the CVS in SC ... then the  decision two days later to drive home,,,, this is a 12 plus hour ride,,, we do 9 1/2 hours the 1st day and near 6 the next,,,, so the other time  is stopping  for meds, and Bathroom breaks.....   

Get an appointment the following day with the primary Dr back home,,,,, virtual appointment - as they wont see us on the office as we traveled from another state and need to quarantine,,, Ok - that goes well,, they reassure her that some pain is normal , especially after eating, as that is when the pancreas works,,, they want to redo a CT of the Pancreas and do a covid test...It was negative ... and they re-up the 2 prescriptions .....  Fast forward to going to CVS to pick them up Friday evening,,, they are not ready...

Go back Saturday - not only are they not ready , they don;t even have them ....  How can that be as we got a text from them saying they were ready....   Ok - I call my wife - read me the text that you got ... the prescriptions ARE ready at the CVS in SOUTH CAROLINA !!   Ok - Can CVS transfer them from SC to their NY location ???  Well - yes and no.... one they can and the other is a Narcotic - so that one they can;t do... I call the DR answering  service,  by luck - the one on call is the one that we talked to on Friday ...  they then redo the scripts to the NY CVS...  I go back into CVS - 1/2 hr later,  yes they got them... BUT they cannot fill the Narcotic one as it still shows at the CVS in SC,... I go back out and call that CVS - they have to back the Narcotic out of their system, and confirm it was not picked up....  that takes 20 minutes,,,  Ok,,, Finally that gets done and the 2 scripts get filled,,,, an hour and 1/2 after I stop in ,,I leave.....  Seriously  ?!?!?

Here are Susan and Derek ....   this is clearly a Marriage that was meant to be,,,, 

they have been married for nearly 20 years...  Each a great musician in their own right,,, but as is usually the case the Synergy is apparent - the combination is far great than the Parts  !!  this was from the Fureside session last week ... Can't wait to see them again in concert.,,, 


If you don't want to listen to the whole thing,,, Go out to  about 12:30  and check out the cover of 

You Got the Silver - lyrics by two guys ... named Jagger and Richards ,,,




let me follow up with  Brandi Carlile - Turpentine,,, it is Women's day afterall






   

No comments: