Monday, March 22, 2021

This NEVER happens to me !!

 So - we bought a humidifier  - HUPRO  HU-777 -  last fall to help with Moisture in the house as we have forced hot air, and it tends to be DRY,....   Wish I could install one in the Plenum in the Furnace but there is just not room - that is another story...

So it has worked great for 6 months,, we bought it on October 9th and it arrived on the 14th,... Amazon of course. It goes thru about a gall on or more of water per day... would probably use more IF we filled the Reservoir exactly when it ran out of water,,,, 

So the other day - I refill the container - and replace it in the Unit,  Nothing ! I can feel air coming out of the top ,, but no mist,,, I clean the unit and scrub out the bottom, , etc,,   after an hour or so of cleaning and Checking,,, Nothing  ! Ok- I am ready to dump it,,, and order another ,, not sure we need to right now,, as it's not dry in the Summer...  So I go onto the HUPRO web Site. I just wanna make sure that I am not missing something that I should be doing, resetting , checking , cleaning,,, who knows,,,,,,

While I am looking at the "Trouble Shooting"  section,,, a Chat window pops up .... ok,, I click that and Ask if they can help with trouble shooting this or is this just sales,,, they say that they can help trouble shoot the unit...  Ok - I tell them whats going on,.. they ask "is there an error message or Code on the display" - No there is not....   Is there a red ready light on the front ?? Yes.... Did this problem occur after cleaning ??? NO ... It happened after I filled the Reservoir ....  Am I sure there is not error code or Message on the Display ?? Nope - nothing but the RED Ready/Power Light,,,,   Ok - they ask "Was this an Amazon purchase?" - yes it was,,, can I give them the Order number, ??  OK - it takes me a minute to go back to 2020 and get the Amazon order number,,,, and Date that I ordered ,... They confirm that yes,, they can see the date - October 2020...  they Say - "Ok - WE will ship you a new one to the Address on the Order" ... Wait =  WHAT ?!?!?!?!    Do you want to trouble shoot this unit more ? I ask - NOPE - no reason to waste time doing that !!  Ok - have a good afternoon - BYE !

36 hours later - Yesterday afternoon - a New Humidifier shows up near my Back door !!!  

HOLY SHIT  !!  This Never happens to me !!!



No comments: