Thursday, August 29, 2019

Can't even imagine

Someone I know had their Grandson - 7 years old -  killed in an automobile accident. This happened in  a rain storm - a week ago ....   I cannot imagine this happening ! I would be devastated if anything ever happened to any of my grandsons....   There is little discussion beyond that. As a Parent or grandparent - you are not expecting bury a child or grandchild. Don't know what else to say...

The summer is winding down - in the last week of August - Labor day weekend is upon us,,, Local colleges are back in session.  Schools start next week....  I kinda lose track of that date....  this means my job will be on the borking side during the week, "school nights" and getting dark before 8pm now....   have to be careful to not fall asleep in the chair as others have - one of my co-workers did just that - waking up at 10:50pm !!  We close at 8pm - and leave at 8:30 ! and no he did not collect OT pay for the hours he slept !!

Yanks have all but won the AL east  - they are 11.5 up on the Rays (11 on the loss side)  and 15.5 ahead of the Red Sox with 27 games left to play .  The Wild card in the AL will be a game between one of 3 teams . Cleveland , Oakland and Tampa... The Yanks are only 1/2 game ahead of the Astros that winner - best record-  will   play the Wildcard winner in the division series.  And the team with the 2nd place record in the AL will play the Central Division winner - thats the Twins right now...  None of those match ups seem easy to me,,, and I still don;t think that NY has the pitchers to matchup against the Astros...

The Yankees MAGIC number to Win the AL east is 17... that's a combination of wins by NY plus losses by Tampa Bay...

I'm gonna go with a song that I heard for the 1st time in along time last night -

and If you are not a Tom Waits fan - you should be..

From the Album Closing Time  -


 And from Rain Dogs



No comments: