Saturday, August 14, 2021

WIFI connected HOME !!

 I have heard of the Modern Homes that are all WIFI / Bluetooth Connected...  

That all the Appliances  / electrical items can talk to each other......      

We are finally there...


It started with the Dryer - no drying,,, a new Thermistor ( $20) (heat Regulator) improved the issue... so I bit the bullet and ordered - and subsequently installed - a New Heating element ($150) What I was unaware of is the the Dryer was having secret communications with other things in the House as I was repairing the dryer.  It was talking to the Dishwasher - that Totally Quit - the error code says it's an electrical issue in the Wiring Harness and or the Motor itself that "burned out"  so there's that.    My Wife then tells me that she hears water dripping behind the Bathroom Vanity - so the Dryer has  been chatting with the plumbing...   sure enough - I squeeze myself into the Vanity and can just reach and see a drip for them hot water pipe that feeds the shower,...  and it's either remove the Vanity (OUCH) or Cut a hole thru the wall behind the Vanity  that fortunately is on my Closet - so yup - cut that out and removed sheet rock to get to it,,, 2 Shark Bites and piece of PEX and WHOOSH - Fixed - took longer to make Plumbing door that covers the hole in the Closet - Just in case- than it did to fix the Plumbing....  think we are done ??? not a chance - lets start up the Traeger and grill up some Burgers for Dinner !! NOPE ! the Dryer have talked to the GRILL - the Pellets go into the Firebox,, but the "hotrod" that ignites Them - or is suppose to !! does not - 15 minutes on the Phone with Traeger and they are sending me a new HOTROD for the grill,,, glad I was not getting ready for a big ole Family barbecue    cause we would have been SOL ! 

And Just when you think it over  - that dryer that I put the Heating element in Will not HEAT !!  - Take it all apart again - to find that one of the old wires that connects the heater is BROKEN ! Guess taking it on and off like 6 times was not good,.... took the part from the old heater to install on the new one and WHOOSH - now we are Drying .......  

I'm Ascared to think of what  is next !!




No comments: