Friday, October 26, 2018

Let's play the price is RIGHT !!

Ok,,

SO - today's bitch is the hassle in finding a used car - and more specifically the price for a Used Car - in this case it's Truck - but no matter same thing.....   and this rant refers to USED CAR DEALERS, and maybe ore pointed at NEW car Dealers that also - like they all do sell used cars.....

OK got it !?!?!?! this getting a price on a used truck that  a Car Dealer has listed on the CAR FAX , and KBB web sites..  A nice Ford F150 - ample Photos so I can see the vehicle inside and out,,,,   77 Photos  - wow - like this was a 1st child ,.. they even took pictures of the door Jams !!  Cool - ...

Ok so I click the Link that SAYS "GET A QUOTE" - now - If you are purchasing a can of Beans say or a Pair of Shoes... mostly insignificant purchases in one life the price is right there on the can or shelf and posted right on the shoe box !!  Correct ??  But a vehicle that is a MAJOT purchase in ones life - for most of us ,,,,,  you have this cat and mouse game ,,, to find what the price is  ...l  So I clicked the GET A QUOTE ,,, and here is what I got back,,

Hi Mark.This is Joanne from XXXXXX. I am in receipt of your interest in our 2014 Ford F-150. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. The 2014 Ford F-150 is an excellent choice with very low mileage, tonneau cover, side assist steps, spray-in bed liner, single owner and a clean Carfax report. This vehicle is available and ready for immediate delivery.
I would like to extend an invitation to you to visit with us and test drive this F-150. In scheduling your visit, I have appointments available today at 12:15pm, 4:45pm or 5:45pm or tomorrow at 11:45am or 6:15pm. If these days and times do not work for you, what would work best so I can set aside some time for you?


Do you prefer email or phone? I look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further. Thanks again for the opportunity to earn your business Mark. Have a great day.


DO YOU SEE A QUOTE  ???  I sure as hell do not !  What I see is info I already know  What Dealer the Truck is at ... What make and Model the Truck is... The options that are on the truck - and BTW what are listed as options are mostly standard equipment. The Car Fx Report - which I already saw !. the Mileage - Again - SEEN IT !  I am guessing you need and invite to visit the Dealership - cause she extends me one... and Even needs to schedule me an appointment to test drive the truck ..... Do  prefer an Email or Phone contact ??  What I prefer is what I asked for - A PRICE !!!

My Response was fairly pointed - I resent the Request for a Quote - they don't call 'em Prices.  I pasted in the Link from the Web that said "REQUEST for Quote" and asked If I needed to send that to a different department to get the Quote .  I thanked her for the info on the test drive.  and again,,, stated that what I preferred was  Price on the Truck !




No comments: