Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Greetings,

Well well well,, it's freaking mid November - when the hell did this happen, ?!?!

I've been working near every day getting the Marina closed up and in shape for the Winter - that is coming,,,,,   Floating dock support pipes removed (ugh - I go the the mud end of most of those - of course I'm the FNG ) Electrical shut off and about 1/2 ton of wire pulled back to shore and coiled up - never knew that wire could be so heavy, 80 some Ice eaters installed,  finger docks removed and stacked in the parking lot, Comfort station winterized, long sailboat docks pulled into middle of Marina, etc etc,,,  maybe 1 days work left to do... then I get laid off for the 1st time in my life !!  Oh - and I nearly fell into the river only 2 or 3 times ,,, and yes in years past others have gone in  - so leave your cell phone and wallet in the car ! 

The winter  - I hope  - will be a series of small jobs, painting the inside of a customers home, and , and siding on another  are all lined up ,,, and for me maybe a popcorn ceiling or two will be removed  ....  and I am just starting to work with my router on making "name"signs,,,, its not as hard as I though and with some patience (yea - gotta work on that) they come out pretty good,,,, I'll post some pictures here as I get a few completed,,,,  I am  hoping for at  a cold winter and some snow,,,    I get better photo opportunities with the Eagles when the reservoir and river freeze - plus Id like to see that all the work at Norrie paid off -

Moving on,,, Aaron Judge was unanimously chosen as American League rookie of the year.  Very well deserved and we can only hope he is anywhere near the last ROY that the Yankees had (Derek Jeter)  - and maybe in a few years named Captain or co Captain (with Sanchez)   as Mr Jeter was ,,,,

Who will be the new Yankee Manager ??  - I gotta tell ya , none of the name I have been hearing thrill me,,,  I'd like Tony Perez,,, or  perhaps Robbie Thompson - But David Cone ,,   Aaron Boone  ??  if we need a home-run off Wakefield to win a game - but who knows he might be ok.  Guess I am waiting see with everyone else,,, I think this is like Torree in the mid nineties,,, he took over a great team after Buck Showalter  - and went on that great run winning World Series,, I think the next yankee manager will have a similar opportunity - he is taking over a really good team,,,

the POTUS is still a JACK ASS - the ties to Russia are more exposed every day, His lack of leadership more apparent with every turn.  He tells everyone he ask Putin about Meddling in our election and of course the Russian leader denies it and Rump Believes him - believes him over the evidence that is brought by the USA's own intelligence agencies,,, What a Dick head ! what a slap in the face to his own country.

Hey - start thinking about candidates for Song of the year, and Album of the year...  I will lay out a few possibilities in the next few weeks and see if you agree. I have alse been thinking about what the best Live show  saw this year, - its really a hard choice ,,,, Amos Lee ??  Jorma  ? Tedeschi Trucks Band ?? 


Ok I gotta get ready for work,, I'll leave you with Susan and Derek and a Beatles cover

,,,,  see what ya think,,








No comments: