Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Hap Hap Happy est Christmas since Bing Crosby tapped danced with Danny Fuckin Kaye

Well the holiday season has started off with a bang  !

The Festival of Lights was Friday night in the City of Poughkeepsie....

and last night - Whoa - SinterKlass fest and Parade in Rhinebeck,   Bethelwoods had their annual fest and Christmas Shopping / outdoor  extravaganza and Woodstock did their traditional Holiday "Open House " in the town ,,,, wandering from shop to shop getting some food and Drink along the way,.....

We managed to get to absolutely NONE of them ,, but it is neat to read in the paper and online of all the fun and festive activities and all the Holiday Spirit.  (you can wave your sarcasm sign here)




Yea - so there's that ..

Perhaps today will be better in that we have tickets to see Hot Tune tonight in Cohoes at the Music hall there , so we have to sorta go,..  it's a small venue and we have great seats to see Jorma and Jack. We started the year seeing Joram at Daryll's House in Pawling,,, and ending the year with him will be great.   I will get you a concert rating at nearer the end of the year as we had a terrific year of Music with Jorma, Willie Nelson, Amos Lee,  Doobie Brothers, Chicago, Tedeschi Trucks band, wood Brothers, Ghost of Paul Revere, Ryan Montbleau,  The National Reserve,  Barns Courtney, Tomas Winn and the Believers, and a few more I can't remember right now. 

I have decided to not put lights up for the Holidays this year,,,  we have the Peace sign in the front of the house , so I have saying that -  that is it.  I made my self nuts last year with lights on some of the trees that strings kept going out on and I needed to replace them.  I think we will do the Columns in the font as candy canes and maybe more ribbons,,,, but thats it,,, no stress ..

On Facebook,, I have started to post Christmas / Holiday songs  - one song per day,, obvious songs I think are good,, and maybe just a bit off the beaten path,,,

Yesterday I started with The Mavericks and Feliz Navidad,, and kept that non english deal going with Sissel and Pavarotti doing separate version of O Holy Night,,, and added a Joe Bonamassa version - that was all instrumental. 

so to keep you up to date ,,, here they are ...

I 'll check back in a few days with the next songs,,, I will do one per day till the 25 ,, hope you enjoy...



















No comments: