Saturday, May 14, 2016

Greetings,,, and Welcome  - after many years to some new Ink,,,,

I again went back to Tattoo Fantasy in Marlboro NY,,,  where Tattoo Tony Marchese plys his art...

Going in with three Ideas,,,, The Dave Matthews band Dancer,,,,    A thought of a tree,,,, and a maybe the Grateful dead Skull and roses , although I do  not like what I call DECAL tats as well as I like artwork,, you know Decals,,, like they paste on the image and  do a paint by numbers on you,,,

Anyway,,, Spent 1/2 hr with Tony,, him very raw sketching a tree and the dancer together,,, and then returning a week later to see the drawing,,,  and once we reviewed that ,,, decided on the open part of the dancer instead of the blackened portion,,, and 3 hours and 10 minutes later ,,, VIOLA ! 

Tony and his partner in the shop Tim are the Best,,, really artists, very clean , professional shop .  Tony is maybe late 60's early 70's ,,,,   the man trains our Olympic Speed skating teams ,,,, and is an artist in his own right, along with being a tattooist,,,   

un known to me,,, Trees are Tony's thing,,, Tim showed me a catalog of many 1000 drawings that Tony has done in the past years,, ALL trees,,, so without Knowing,,I hit upon his passion in art,,, and he created a great tat for me... IF you are even thinking of getting a tattoo,,, visit Tattoo fantasy ,,right on 9W in Marlboro ,, 100 yards or so south of the Raccoon saloon,

 





No comments: