Thursday, December 24, 2015

Predicting the Future

In the Future you  will be able to look back and say that 2015 was the year that I lost myself and started to lose my  life..

It's Christmas eve,,,, was thinking of the past Eve's ,,, not long  past,,just my past...


When I worked for Dave Closson at the Chevron station that was across from Frivolous Sals on Raymond ave,,, we spent all the morning cleaning the Garages,,,,, Floors,,,and walls,,,, and at about Noon we raised the lists to table height,, put plywood sheets on then and table cloths,,, and then as much Beer, liquor and food as you can imagine,,, everyone that came in for gas left after eating or drinking something,,,  and many just came by for the festivities,,,  much of the food was supplied by the Braughhaus,,, and Gil Bastian,.. it was always great,,, and I went back even after I did not work for Dave any more,,,  he was great guy to have as a 1st boss....   All the Bars in town always had free food,, and handed out free drink also,,,,,  Brauhaus, Sals,,, and the Chance in the City,,, and the Dutch,,  I remember getting more than drunk,, going home ,,sleeping it off (as they say) and then going with my friends to everyones house,, for more of the same.. those were terrific times,,,

When we were 1st married and several years when the kids were small the EVE was at the Out-Laws house,,,, drinks and foods,,and Gifts,,,, seems every year we had an Race track that we set up and drove cars around and around,,, one year My F.I.L. got a Radio shack  "Color Computer"  it was all the rage,,,, you could play Pong and several other extremely basic by todays standards ... but then it was the Height of Technology,,,

After we were married and had a few children,, We used to go to Candle light services ,,,Rev Ben did a good job with his service,,, 7pm at the Arlington church,,,,  and my Aunt holding the candle with the wax dripping on her had and going  "ooo,, ow,, oh,,, Ouch"  too funny,,,,

As my children are now older,,,, maybe,,,we ,,,, I         need to do something to make the Holiday more special ,,, wish I had a fucking clue as to what to do,,, Admittedly ,, I am not good at these things..  andI am sure that a COLOR computer,,, or a Race track might not do it,,,  If you are reading this,,,I hope you and yours have a happy , healthy, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year..

I will post up one of my Favorite Christmas Songs for your enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2BzUDeTkY



No comments: