Friday, October 31, 2008

Straight from the "You cannot make this $hit up Department




Any Damn fool that happens to be walking and or running down the road can be "attacked" or chased by a dog,,,, but it takes a "special" kind of person to be chased by a Deer !!!

I am just past the firehouse on Townsend Blvd,,, headed out for my midday 7 miler - Out and back,, what everyone at the REC calls "doin the DEADEND". I look to the left and here is this smallish deer ,, a Buck - spike horn, cept he has one broken spike,,,, standing in the Driveway of a house. I pay no mind,,, then I look up ahead and here he has not moved away, but come up to the guardrail,,, I swing out into the road and across the street,,,, I pass him,,,, I hear a clunk,,, and turn-around,,, the clunk must have been his hoof hitting the Rail as he jumped over it and is right behind me about 25 feet!! Ok, WHAT is Going ON ??? I stop,,, HE Stops.... I walk ,,, HE walks ,, but now he's getting closer to me. I start to run,,, HE STARTS TO RUN . I Stop,,, HE STOPS,,, I walk Backwards,,, HE FOLLOWS ME,,, now so close I could touch his head !! WTF !!! A car comes and her runs into the woods,,,, The guy stops,, "have you ever seen that before??" No the guy says,,, and "the Car chased him off" ,,, I say ,,, I don't think so,, as I look past the Car HERE HE IS , lookin at me from behind a bush,,,, the car leaves ,,, he runs off again,,, then returns,,,, I jog along,,, lookin back ,,, HE FOLLOWS me for another 50 yards , then loses interest,,,,

I tell this story to my Technician (he a big hunter guy),,, "Have you ever heard of that, a deer following someone like that ? " ,, no he says but some one else told him about that same story two weeks ago,,, and sure enough,,, I check that out and it seems Bambi's cousin has been doin this - following runners near there - for about a month!! Nice,,, so now I have a Story, when it comes to the CAN YOU TOP THIS game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments: