Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Tuesday - and terrible thoughts

 So - It seems that the older I get and the more I hear about ,, and see the affect my poor parenting skills had on my children, the worse I feel about it..

Although they are attempting to use humor to highlight how bad I was,,,, I can see that it affected them in their lives,,,, truth be told I can see that they are FAR better parents to their children than I was to them....  It is clear that they have issues in their adult lives that came from my fucked up methods of parenting them,.  It certainly makes me concerned - sad - that I fucked up their lives in that way,,, I kinda wonder if others have the same feeling - that their  parents did the same to them,,, is that inevitable  ??  OR is it me  - Ugh - not a great feeling........

To the other side of that coin - kinda - I see them as amazing parents - yup they struggle I'm sure - It is hard rearing a child or 2 or 3 ,.....  but they seem to never miss a teaching moment. Things are NOT just a truck - It's a red truck,,, with how many wheels???  and Who is driving ???   It's pretty cool to watch .....

And the damn Grandkids are WAY WAY smarter than I was or my children were at the same age !!!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We  re - re re watched thePBS = Ken Burns special on Country music,,,,, the next to last episode - "I don;t think hank done it this way"    Thats a Waylon Jennings song,,, nut describes the episode - where Jennings, Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Hank Jr, Johnny Cash,  Merle Haggard - all bucked the system,  and made their  music - their way - and  were extreemly successful in doing it ...  It's really a good 2 hours.  


Dolly with he biggest hit,,, Waylon with a song that details his struggle with  Nashville - look for any Emmylou harris song,,, and you will - as Rodney Crowell says - fell like you were  "touched by and Angel. "





George Jones (Possum) biggest hit....



And Hank Jr's tribute to Waylon Jennings - Outlaw Reward,,




 

No comments: